Ainsleigh and Abby July and August 2007 at Sesame Place
Things got started on Thursday, October 30 at Ainsleigh's pre-school. The beginning of their parade.
They marched through a restaurant next door. Afterwards, Ainsleigh said "I wanted to eat, too!"
Ainsleigh's classmates.
Later Thursday night, our church had a "Trunk-or-Treat" party. Ripken, the ultimate drool baby, was Slimer (a la Ghost Busters). 

Oops, can't sit up yet!
I ain't afraid of no ghosts! True to form, he totally slimed his costume. And check out those blue eyes!
As we were getting ready for this second party, Ainsleigh announced "I want to be something different this time." Fortunately, I talked her down and explained that she was going to be Abby Cadabby for ALL of our Halloween activities. "Oh. I can be something different next year?" Yes, next year. 
Given the 3 events in 2 days, we were ready for Halloween to be over, although we are still enjoying all of Ainsleigh's candy!


Oops, can't sit up yet!
I ain't afraid of no ghosts! True to form, he totally slimed his costume. And check out those blue eyes!
As we were getting ready for this second party, Ainsleigh announced "I want to be something different this time." Fortunately, I talked her down and explained that she was going to be Abby Cadabby for ALL of our Halloween activities. "Oh. I can be something different next year?" Yes, next year. 
Trying to eat a donut with no hands.
Halloween proper. Ainsleigh, Emma (a.k.a. Ariel) and Lilly (the pink poodle). 
Halloween proper. Ainsleigh, Emma (a.k.a. Ariel) and Lilly (the pink poodle). 
Ainsleigh has been talking all year (no exageration) about going trick-or-treating with Emma again, since they went together last year. Besides the obvious benefit of going with your best pal, Emma lives in married student housing so trick-or-treating is inside (warm, well lit) and you only have to go a few steps between each door. We finally had to stop when their candy containers were over-flowing.
Given the 3 events in 2 days, we were ready for Halloween to be over, although we are still enjoying all of Ainsleigh's candy!





3 comments:
What a totally cute Abby Cadabby!! And you go, Tracy, for making the costume! Awesome!!
Wow, halloween was busy for your family. It seems like there is always so much to do this time of year. I just love the fall!
Your little trick-or-treaters were so cute this year! Julia loved looking at Ainsleigh in her Abby Cadabby costume. You amaze me at what you can get done!
Post a Comment