
Ainsleigh isn't the only one off on new scholastic adventures these days. Last week little man Rippy started preschool where Ainsleigh used to attend on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. He is quite entertaining these days, now that he can actually talk. One morning he asked "Where's sister, mom?" I told him she was at school, to which he said "Ooooooo. Sounds great, Mom!" Then the morning he started I told him he was going to school to which he said, "No, Mom. It's scary, Mom." But once I told him there were friends and toys he said "Rippy goes to school, Mom!" You gotta love it when the backpack is bigger than the boy (also I love that all of his sentences end in "mom" right now; it's pretty cute).
He found the trucks right away. One for each hand, as per usual.
Next he made it over to the train table. He spent quite a bit of time there.
His favorite toy of the day was this plastic horse, which he carried around everywhere. He kept trying to have the horse ride in the various busses and trucks but it wouldn't fit; he found this very unsatisfying.


Towards the end he sat down long enough to color.

One small step for a boy...
...one giant leap into the future.
1 comment:
Wow, I can't believe Ripken is old enough for preschool!! Time flies! Just think 2 hour 2 days a week kid-free- sounds like a dream to me! It has been a while since I have looked at your blog and it looks like you had a really fun summer. I hope you are getting back into the swing of things with school. I have been in NY for the past week or so with just the kids. Weather is cooler, leaves, changing, powers market has the tepee up, and I took the kids to Mendon Ponds Park. It made me think of you and just grateful for your friendship. You are an amazing mom, teacher, friend, and overall person. Best of luck this year with everything!
Post a Comment