a) ...she does not have pneumonia
b)... she is going to graduate
c) ...she is going to have a fabulous long weekend
d) all of the above
Taking it one at a time:
a) it is true, the recent illnesses (that would be bronchitis, sinus infection, and an ear infection) have turned the corner and the chest x-ray came back clear and they even stopped making me do the nebulizer. Now I'm even allowed to walk for 15 minutes. But, clearly, this is much better than in the fall when I did end up with pneumonia. (side note, Rippy also has 2 ear infections).
b) Also true. Which is to say, this week I finally realized I've made some solid progress on the data analysis I've been doing and I can just about answer 2 of my 3 research questions. So, yes, I will actually finish this thing. My defense date is June 3. I set it a few weeks ago but honestly I was not too sure about pulling it off by then so I haven't really gone public with that yet. But now I'm pretty sure I will in fact figure out the answers to these questions and be able to write about them and actually graduate. And that is more of a relief than not having pneumonia.
c) We have lots of fun things planned for the next 3 days, from planting flowers to having people over and then Tracy K is coming to town for a short visit from Sunday-Tuesday morning. We are going to eat good food and walk around downtown Durham and organize the pantry and mainly just talk. And I'm very excited for her and Sarah to meet.
d) That leaves the correct answer as all of the above.
Bring on the weekend. Especially because it may be the last work-free weekend until June 4.



No comments:
Post a Comment