Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Once and Future Teen

This story tells itself. The only preface needed is something about how Ainsleigh has more wardrobe changes in a single day than Paris Hilton. Also, she has a few articles of clothing (which I did not purchase) that are especially teenagery. Always this causes some combination of eye rolling and commentary involving the word "inappropriate" on my part.

Ainsleigh, now clad in a teenager dress, as if she doesn't do this 5 times a day: "Look Mommy, I changed!"

Me, annoyed--not at the fact that she changed but at what she changed into: "Yes. Yes I see that."

Ainsleigh: "This is the kind of outfit I'm going to wear when I go dating."

Me, jaw on the floor: "What does that mean?"

Ainsleigh: "You know. When you go dating."

Me: "No. What does that mean?"

Ainsleigh: "Well, I don't know."

Ainsleigh: skips off down the hall.

Me: holding myself up by the wall and gasping for air.

No comments: