Sunday, December 26, 2010

30 Good Years

My body worked for 30 years. Then I turned 31 in July and everything promptly came off the rails. Here is the partial list of ailments for the past 2 months, which can be added to the anemia that was diagnosed earlier this year:

bronchitis
pneumonia
tinnitus
foot problems

The bronchitis-turned-pneumonia finally cleared up, but the tinnitus and foot problems persist.

Then for a grand finale, on Christmas Eve I gave myself a concussion. I wish I could say it was doing some super tough thing, but it was doing laundry, of all things. I was emptying the dryer and cranked my head into the edge of the door to the laundry room. If there wasn't sufficient evidence already, it should now be perfectly clear that I was never meant to be a housewife. I'm also hoping that when I get resurrected it will be to an age sub-30.

No comments: