Huge credit goes to sister-in-law KayLee, who reminded Tracy to swaddle him at night when we visited her family in Rochester on our road trip. I had done this the first few nights home from the hospital, then one night he fell asleep before I wrapped him up and seemed to do better that night so I thought maybe he didn't like being swaddled. I hadn't tried it again until KayLee encouraged me to. Seeings as he was getting up 3 times a night, I figured we didn't have anything to lose. I am thrilled to report that he is making it much longer at night now. When he does wake up in the wee hours of the morning it's because he has gotten his arms out. If he stays wrapped up, he'll make it from about 11:00 PM to 6:00 AM. Thanks KayLee! Now, if someone else can get Ainsleigh to take her naps, and for them to both sleep at the same time, and not wake each other up....
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Ripken
Since Ainsleigh is getting most of the press on this blog, I thought I'd post a few pictures of Ripken. Austin says he got a lot more fun during the time we were away--we came back and he was "talking" and also smiling and laughing a lot more. Since we've been back he's discovered that the bouncy seat isn't so bad, and he has started reaching for and grabbing the butterflies and talking to the bird. Tracy is thrilled to be able to put him down (for a few minutes, at least). The past few days he has even taken a few naps in his crib, not while being held. Major breakthrough! (Of course, Ainsleigh is in the middle of NOT taking her nap right now...geesh).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I am a huge advocate for swaddling. It has made sleeping better for both Emma (when she was younger) and Mary.
What a cutie!! I love that smile that he's sportin' now!! Good luck with the whole nap thing! I've always seemed to have that issue, too. Just when one of mine gets good at it, one grows out of it. Sheesh!
He is a such a cute, happy little guy! I'm glad he's sleeping better for you now. Our youngest, Benjamin (was 2 in June) was similar in that he did NOT want to nap in his crib the first couple months. He would sleep in my arms (ugh!), or he would sleep in the swing or his infant car seat, which I eventually started sticking IN the crib -- so he'd get used to seeing the crib when he was near sleep! He eventually got the hang of it.
As for Ainsleigh's nap....sorry. No advice there. We had the same problem with our oldest, Nicholas when he was 2 1/2...right after Kimberly was born. At first I would lie there with him and sing to him to try to get him to fall asleep (this was after I'd get Kimberly to sleep). But, that would take about 45 minutes. So, he'd finally fall asleep and then 5 minutes later Kimberly would be awake. Forget it!!! I just gave up the naps and started putting him to bed earlier and resigned myself to the fact that I would no longer have any breaks. Ugh.
Post a Comment