Sunday, August 17, 2008

Name That Baby

One of the things on the list to do once we returned home was to look at Ainsleigh's baby pictures to confirm that Ripken doesn't look like her. Well, turns out they look much more similar than we realized. Here are the side-by-sides.

Ainsleigh (L), Ripken (R)

Ainsleigh (L), Ripken (R)


Ainsleigh (L), Ripken (R)

Ainsleigh (L), Ripken (M), Ainsleigh (R)
Ripken (L), Ainsleigh (R)
Ripken (L), Ainsleigh (R)

Ainsleigh (L), Ripken (R)


Ripken (L), Ainsleigh (R)

OK...now for the quiz:

Both Ainsleigh

In looking through her old pictures, the only dead give away was that Ainsleigh took a pacifier, and Ripken doesn't. I also forgot that Ainsleigh chewed on the backs of her hands and would put her whole fist in her mouth (both things that Ripken does), but I found plenty of pictures showing Ainsleigh doing the same things. Ainsleigh had fuller cheeks, and Ripken has a dimple on his right cheek, but otherwise they look pretty similar. So maybe I can get away with printing off some of Ainsleigh's pics for Ripken's destined to be much more sparse baby album? :o

I guess this means this is what Ripken is going to look like in a few years:

3 comments:

Cindy Reed said...

WOW!! They really DO look alike! Someone's got some strong genes in your family! :o) They are both so cute, Tracy!!

Jenny said...

They are definitely related- that was cute! ARe you back to school yet?

The Edwards Clan said...

They definitely look alike! I'm glad you shared this post because I didn't really see the likeness between them before. Cute!

I love that my kids look like each other. I always thought, "Well, I don't care as much if my kids look like ME, but I hope they look like each other." Not sure why...I just think it's neat. :o)