This is Tracy's busiest semester thus far. In addition to a full-time course load, I am teaching a course to senior elementary education majors about teaching mathematics. We've had 2 class meetings and I have a really nice (although large) class. About 1/3 of them I worked with when I TAed a previous course. I am also supervising student teachers at the elementary school where I used to teach. So between those two things, we'll see how much reading I get done for my course work! Next semester should be quite a bit calmer, since I'll have my student teachers but won't be teaching. And, assuming an agreeable committee, I should be done with my coursework this spring. Then it's 2(?) more years for my dissertation.
Austin can see the light at the end of the tunnel. He'll finish his MBA in December, and then just has one class left in the spring to complete his MHA. He's sent off a few applications already, but the big ramp-up will be towards the end of October when the business school recruiters are in town. He's mainly looking at hospital administration and health care consulting positions. If we get the geographic list down to a publishable length, I'll let you know (the places we won't move: Florida, Texas, and Utah). Central PA is still at the top of the list. Even if Austin accepts a position locally, we will probably move in the spring. We love our house, but the kids' stuff is expanding faster than we can find room to store it.
I think that's the update on us...here are our little Tarheels and Nittany Lions.
Ripken's first UNC soccer game, last Friday. I'm pretty sure he's saying "Go Heels!"
Ainsleigh's first football game, about 3 weeks old.
Ainsleigh's first baseball game, UNC vs Puke, I mean, Duke.
Cheering for the Heels at a soccer game, fall 2006.
Clapping for the Heels in the NCAA soccer tournie, fall 2006.
Celebrating UNC's NCAA tournie soccer victory, fall 2006.
Meeting the Lion, summer 2007. 
Tarheel basketball, winter 2008.
Ripken meets the Lion, and Ainsleigh gets a ride, July 2008.



3 comments:
ok, supermom, what's your secret?!! i'm interning and finished my last semester of my forever-long b.s. and can't imagine having two kids and the house and the hubby and the everything else women think of/take care of. how do you do it?!! i need to know!!
michal....it's very easy:
1. I don't cook...ever. Well, almost ever. During the semester I probably cook a "real" dinner once a week or even once every 2 weeks. I'm not really sure what we eat...mac & cheese, grilled cheese, that genre...very gourmet. :)
2. I don't clean very often.
3. I don't sleep too much, either.
Amazing how much time you pick up by not doing these 3 annoying tasks! (well, sleep isn't annoying, I would like to do more sleeping!).
Oh, and, I must also say that Austin does all the grocery shopping. I never was very good...I would come home with $40 of food, and nothing to eat. So he took over a few years ago. Now that grocery shopping involves putting Ainsleigh in the seat part and Ripken in the baby car seat in the actual cart, there's no room for groceries. So it's good that Austin does this for us!
But pretty much, when the kids are awake, they run the show. And that's way better than cooking or cleaning.
Oh my goodness! You guys are WAY too ambitious! :o) Just kidding. You really are amazing, though. I could NOT do all of that. I have my plate full enough with the "extra" things I do like chairing events through the PTC at Nick's school and serving as YW president. I can't even begin to think about any sort of career. I just couldn't handle it.
LOVE the sports pictures...of course. Not so sure about the TarHeels ones, but the Lions ones are fabulous. :o)
Post a Comment