Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SNOW!!!

IT SNOWED!!!
Ainsleigh has been talking about it snowing forever, but I really thought it wouldn't snow at all this "winter" because we didn't get any snow last year and just a dusting the year before.
Well, today we woke up to the most snow we've gotten in the 7 years we've lived in NC! Ainsleigh's pre-school was cancelled today, and when she got up I told her to go look outside (that picture is on the top, 2nd to the right, in her pjs pointing out at the snow on the deck). It was still snowing quite a bit when we were playing outside. We probably have 3" total, 4" in some places.
(click to enlarge each collage)
Our make-shift sled: dragging Ainsleigh around the yard on a little shovel. Her snow angels were pretty funny--as you can see top right, she was actually kicking her legs, not moving them side to side. Things your kids don't know when they grow up in NC!
We bundeled up Ripken to Christmas Story levels, in that when I sat him down in the snow he fell over backward. I got him seated again, and he flopped over again. After a few face plants Austin took him inside.
See the picture, top left: Mom, what in the world is this all about!?

Poor little guy. Not only did he fall over, then his mother took pictures instead of helping him get up. How rude!

More pics of Ainsleigh. Her hat was in her eyes and resulted in some funny pictures.

The only disappointing aspect was that the snow was very dry, and so it wouldn't pack to make a snowman, which Ainsleigh has been talking about for weeks.

Today I realized that if we are living somewhere farther north next year, Austin & I need a whole new stock of winter clothing. I have no idea where all of our warm things are from our days in PA. The kids actually have plenty of warm fuzzies, thanks to our friend Sue. Even though she lives in NC they go on an annual ski trip to Utah or Idaho, so the kids are all set.

Ainsleigh's first snow day! It was a fun morning, followed by hot chocolate and then the inauguration!

1 comment:

Dan Weber said...

The funny thing about the snow is, my wife, Stephanie, took Nate out there this week to get a vacation from the snow.