Towards the end of May Sarah and I took Ainsleigh to the ballet to see...wait for it...Sleeping Beauty. Yes, Ainsleigh is still completely obsessed with Maleficent. Yes, I'm still not so sure about this. And yes, you better believe I'd rather have her obsessed with an evil sorcerer than a princess.
You might think she spent most of the show looking something like this...

...but then you'd be wrong. She spent most of the show dancing around. Or at least the second act, when quite frankly they ran out of plot and then there was this terribly random Puss 'N Boots thing going on that I still do not understand. I must say I was quite impressed with Ainsleigh's ballet vocab--she kept pointing out when dancers did certain moves that she's learned in dance class. All in all she did quite well, considering it was a full-length ballet.
Here she is, proving that you can take the girl to the Sleeping Beauty ballet, but you can't take the Maleficent out of the girl:

And yes, I wouldn't want her any other way.



1 comment:
That is too funny! And yes, I'm very impressed with her ability to sit through a full-length ballet!!
Post a Comment