Ainsleigh "graduated" from preschool at the end of May. This year she attended preschool every morning. She made lots of friends and had fabulous teachers. They had a full on graduation ceremony to send them off for the summer.
Here is her class:
They had the kids walk across the bridge one at a time and said what each one wants to be when (s)he grows up. The girls usually said they wanted to be veterinarians or mommies. The boys tended to say they wanted to be police officers or spies. Ainsleigh was first, since her first name is alphabetically first in her class. Of course, we like to think she graduated first in her class. As she crossed the bridge they announced "Ainsleigh Johnson wants to be a paleontologist when she grows up." You go girl.
With her teachers:
The after party. With one of her best friends, Josie, who is probablythe nicest child I have ever met:

With Rippy, who enjoyed one of the green frosted cupcakes:
A few last pics with some of her pals, enjoying a spring day out on the playground. Apparently sundresses are all the rage.


Next year Ainsleigh will go to the elementary school that is right around the corner from out house. It's a fabulous school, and a huge reason why we bought this house. I used to teach for the principal and she has hired some of UNC's best graduates, including one of my student teachers from last year and several of my former students. Also I'll be supervising student teachers there next year. Let's just say I plan on being there a lot and I couldn't be happier about it. Also, it's the newest school in the district and the facilities are to die for. Every child should be so fortunate.
Kindergarten, here she comes!




3 comments:
Love that girl! Paleontologist... so cool.
When I graduated from high school I was asked to do some rubbish thing and I had to have my photo posted in the Sunday paper with my university (BYU at the time) and major listed. I was completely clueless about what my major would be, so I wrote "entomology" because it sure beat "undecided".
For the next year, my proud grandfather sent me postage stamps with the most hideous looking bugs imaginable on them.
I never had the heart to tell him that it was a little joke of mine.
Way to go Ainsleigh!! Tell her congrats for me!
Those last two pics might as well be straight out of a gap kids catalog or could have been in some magazine or something. Also, it's funny how she will probably have almost the same photos taken when she graduates from high school, college, etc. She with her two good friends all being BFF-like. It's just so funny. Also, funny was that story Metta just told.
Post a Comment