Monday, April 4, 2011

"I'm so big"

Rippy likes to tell anyone within ear shot who he is at that given moment. Two of my favorite repeat phrases are: "I'm nice Rippy" and "I'm a cuddle boy" (third place is "I'm a dinosaur," which translates to "watch out!"). Well today he was justified when he said "I'm so big!" because today he graduated from diapers. True he was about 6 months behind his sister, but at least part of that is on me. He could have been out of diapers a little while ago but I needed to find a good week to pull this off because the way I potty train (which I learned from Austin's mom) is a pretty hard core potty training boot camp. It's not for the faint of heart. It's also not for a busy week. But getting all those videos done carved out enough time and energy to go for it today. And, to add to the list of unsolicited parenting advice clogging the internets, I will say I'm a huge fan of this approach which is explained in this book.

To celebrate a successful afternoon of (almost completely) dry pants Rippy wanted to go to locopops, one of our local favorites. Here he is looking "so big" (not to mention actually looking at the camera...practically another first). This is the best picture I've gotten of him in recent memory:

Ainsleigh, sporting one of her signature outfits for the occasion:
Basking in his dryness:

1 comment:

Metta said...

Yay! That was quick! It really must have been boot camp. Don't worry, boys are usually behind girls in potty training anyway.

(Oh, and in that first photo, it looks like the Rippster is practicing his new potty poses in that Adirondack chair ;-)