And it also kills doc students. Or at least, very nearly.
One of the many forms of data I collected for my dissertation was videos of 4 student teachers teaching 4 math lessons each. I dropped one girl so I have 3 focal student teachers at 4 lessons each. 12 lessons doesn't seem like that big of a deal, until you have to transcribe it. And then code it. And in order to code it, you have to invent a new coding protocol that in and of itself is 45 single spaced pages and took several months to write and refine. So, it is with great joy that I present the following picture:
That is the stack of hundreds of pages of summaries and transcripts and charts and tables that I wrote in order to code those 12 lessons. Of all of the data analysis this was the part that was the most tedious and anxiety producing, of the I'm-never-going-to-graduate variety. So I'm very happy that it is now done. I even managed to get a few days ahead of schedule with my mom being in town to watch kids this week.
So, what am I going to do to celebrate? Potty train Rippy, of course.



1 comment:
Wow, Tracy. You really know how to reward yourself! ;-)
Post a Comment