Friday, August 12, 2011

Ainsleigh's Magical Birthday

Before we left we celebrated Ainsleigh's 6th birthday. Her 5th birthday party was a Maleficent party, and this year she is still into all things evil witches, so she asked for a magical party (at least we took one step away from the evil part).

Here she is with a purple sparkly star balloon and the cape that I made for her with the fabric she picked. One thing I love about Ainsleigh: she is always the most colorful person in the room.
Rippy with his glow star wand (and George, of course).


Gigi with her hat and wand (and walking so much now!):Ainsleigh's friends from school, Alyse (left) and her best friend, Caroline (right). For magical artwork they painted some unicorn (i.e., magical horse) sun catchers. Better yet was the idea to do shrinky dinks, because those things really are magical! However, I completely messed up the shrinking step and all was lost. Oh well. It was a good idea.

The table cloth in the above picture reminds me to tell you a funny, classic Ainsleigh moment that happened in Party City whilst picking out her party supplies. I asked her what colors she wanted for plates, napkins, cups, the table cloth, and balloons and then proceeded to list various color combinations she could incorporate throughout the decorations. She completely scoffed at this idea and set me straight with her vision for the party, saying, "Mom, I don't want it to match, because I am an artist." So we had the robin egg blue table cloth, black napkins, silver and gold plates, a purple cake, and multi-colored balloons. And, it was totally Ainsleigh.

Rippy, about to eat his magical wand:

Ainsleigh's primary request for the party was to have a pinata. Here is Rippy taking his turn.
Despite the amount of time Rippy spends hitting things, it was Ainsleigh who was far more into whacking the pinata. That is quite the face!
Her magical star cake.

Ainsleigh and Caroline during the singing of "Happy Birthday."
I love how Caroline is just as excited as Ainsleigh.

This is my favorite picture from the party. Caroline is such a great kid and it makes me happy that they are such good friends.
We will see if the witchy magical phase wears off by year 7. At this rate, I doubt it!

No comments: