We stopped at the DC Temple on the way up. It's the first time the kids have been there and it has been quite a long time since I've been there so that was nice.
Then we continued up to Williamsport to stay with Tracy K and Jer and the girls for one night. The next morning (Saturday) we all went down to State College together. Of course we enjoyed showing Sarah around College Ave and some of the major PSU paraphernalia suppliers. One funny moment was when Brynn, Tracy's oldest daughter, walked into one bookstore and said "Mom, who's this old guy?" Apparently she has yet to be indoctrinated.
I told Sarah I considered making her a PSU scavenger hunt for all the crazy things at the bookstores, but instead she had to get her picture taken with the most random Penn State thing she could find. I mean those stores have things that you never even knew existed, and then there it is not only in existence but with "Penn State" written across it. Her first two selections from SBS were, on your left, a branding iron for steak, chicken, or pork grilling offered at $10.99 and, on your right, a wireless portable door chime that plays the fight song for $29.95.

After College Ave-ing for a few hours we met Bethany over at The Indian Buffet (no it's not really called that) for lunch. We should have had someone at the restaurant take a picture of the four of us but here we are in two groupings after wards. Really I can't tell you how much I love these ladies and how happy it made me to all be together.
The next morning we had a great breakfast at The Waffle Shop. A few pictures with Bethany and Ethan before we left to drive back to NC.



No comments:
Post a Comment