Monday, February 20, 2012

York & Oxford

I was able to go up to York twice--once with Sarah during her first trip and once with the kids in early November. There were more pictures of the town in Sarah's blog post. Here are just a few of the kids:

Ainsleigh's main wish was to walk on the city wall:


A few weeks later I went to Oxford to present at the British Soctiey for Research into Learning Mathematics conference (an international math ed conference). It went very well and I was invited to submit an article in a very good journal as a result of my presentation. Presenting my research at Oxford was certainly a high point of the time in England.
The outside of the Bodleian Library, which has a great tour:

It was nice to have some time to walk around the day before the conference. Still, I will always love Cambridge much more than Oxford.

No comments: