Here comes the picture....
....wait for it......
.......................
Why, it's Thomas! And not just Thomas, but Thomas and ALL of his friends:
Thomas, James, Percy, Edward, Emily, Duncan, deisil, Toby, Gordon, Salty, Skarloey, and the other ones that I still can't remember have all come to live with us. Well, they live with Ainsleigh. Yep, she has her first imaginary friends. Why she had to start off with not 1 but 17 imaginary friends is beyond me. And why did she pick Thomas? She has seen and been interested in Sesame Street for a while, and only started watching Thomas about 2 months ago. And it's only on once a week for 30 minutes. And, the worst part for Tracy, I REALLY don't like this show. Oh my morals-in-your-face for everything! I much prefer the Sesame Street approach: kids have some disagreement or problem (with each other or otherwise), someone comes to help or they get help, there is usually some compromising, and only THEN is everyone happy. But the Thomas plots are so black and white. And the animation is TERRIBLE. Geesh! It would be one thing to live with an imaginary Cookie Monster, but 17 trains that I a) don't like b) can't remember their names!? Oh, and then Ainsleigh gets mad at me when I do something wrong in regards to her entourage: "Mommy! You forgot Percy!" "Mommy! You stepped on Gordon!" "Mommy, go get Skarloey!"
And the worst:
Tracy: "I love you, Ainsleigh."
Ainsleigh: "I love Thomas."
AAAHHHHH!!!
OK, enough venting...I'm off to go look up how long the imaginary friends stage lasts...



No comments:
Post a Comment