Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ainsleigh's First Hike

Today Ainsleigh went on her first hike. Yes, she has been on the top of several peaks, past mud pots, geysers, and waterfalls, but that was in the backpack carrier. Today was her first self-propelled hike. She hiked for 2 hours! She was only carried a few times on the way out, and made it the whole way back! Not lightning speed, but still, I was impressed. We went with 2 other families from church to Robert E. Lee Park on the north side of Baltimore. It was nice and flat and all in the woods. The main attraction was that there were all of these tiny little frogs for the kids to catch (by tiny I mean the size of an ant). The discovery list also included a worm, lots of butterflies, and some wild strawberries. I didn't bring my camera on the hike, so I only have this picture from when we got back to the car. The other moms took a few en-route shots, so if I ever get those I'll post them, too. Here she is, enjoying a well-earned drink (don't worry, I brought water for her on the hike):

No comments: