Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Science Center, visit #2

After spending yesterday inside due to the excessive heat, we all wanted to get out today. But there was still an extreme heat warning and even at 8:00 AM it was just nasty out. I decided to make the walk down to the Science Center and hope for the best on the walk home. Fortunately we all made it OK, and the thunderstorms held off, too (that could have been interesting). The added bonus was learning that this museum and the Museum of Life and Science back home in NC have reciprocal memberships, which I mention because this may benefit a few of our friends who are heading this way over the summer.
Here are some pictures from our visit.
Making dino footprints.

Putting a dinosaur together.
We found a new dig site that also provides a chisel. Don't worry, it's plastic!

She loves wearing the glasses.














Ainsleigh designed this Apatosaurus on a computer. When you were done you could email yourself the picture. Someone gets extra credit for thinking of this!
The walk home wasn't pretty, but it was worth it!

1 comment:

Cindy Reed said...

Hey Tracy! I found you through Sarah Wozniak's blog. We haven't talked to you guys in ions!! (This is Cindy Reed, by the way.) Sounds like you are doing great and having a blast in Baltimore! If only I had the energy that you do!! You are so on the go!! Your kids are so cute, and it was fun to see a few pictures. We have a blog also -- if you're ever bored, you can check it out. I don't update it as often as I should, but you can at least see what we're up to every now and then. The address is - thecoloradoreedclan.blogspot.com
I hope you guys are doing great! If was so fun to find you and see what you're up to!